Information for mentees
- Facilitate entry into the degree program.
- Clarify questions.
- To provide help in making contacts in one's own degree programme and to higher semesters.
Participation is recommended for all first-year students.
- A group of first-year students is supervised by one or two mentors.
- Group allocation during the O-Phase, date will be published in the O-Phase calendar of the student council at https://www.fs-fmc.kit.edu/o-kalender.
- Late registration in the winter semester is possible at any time.
- Approximately once a month there is a group meeting in a relaxed atmosphere, e.g. in the Oxford Pub.
- The time and place of the meetings can be arranged flexibly within the group.
In the first semester
Information for mentors
- You can apply to be a mentor from the 3rd semester onwards.
- Application (CV and short letter of motivation) to mentoring∂ciw.kit.edu.
- Application period from the beginning of June to the end of August.
- You can also apply in pairs for a group.
- After participation you will receive a certificate (3 ECTS), which can be credited as a key qualification.
- The number of participants is limited to 20 places.
- As preparation, a full-day training and a faculty briefing will be held.