What Does a Chemical Engineer Do?
With a degree in Chemical and Process Engineering, there are plenty of career opportunities. Chemical engineers
- plan and design apparatuses such as heat exchangers, furnaces, dryers, distillation columns, grinders, and dust separators
- plan and design plants for material conversion, for example for ammonia synthesis, for the processing of base chemicals, for the production of foods and pharmaceuticals, for keeping air and water clean, etc.
- manage production plants
- work in the sales department of apparatus and plant engineering or in the administration and organisation of relevant companies or with relevant trade associations
- take over control and monitoring tasks concerning technical safety, disposal and environmental and climate protection
- develop new methods and work on problems of applied and basic research for a sustainable society of the future
|Unit operations and processes in process engineering||